Tuesday 10 May 2011

Tutorial 10/05/11

Today we had a tutorial... i think it went well.

Showed the videos i have made to music, and the experimentation i tried in aftereffects and talked about my visit to the media museum.

I could see that my stuff wasn't completely exciting people, but they did say they liked it. I have discovered that the animations with more objects are the more interesting and hypnotising.

Was suggested to look at this video too...




I find this music video completely crazy, but i do really like it, despite being slightly tasteless. It isn't your typical pretty shapes flying around the place, the type of stuff that i've been making.

Realising that from my tutorial and this video, and from the media museum that i need to combine my shapes, and to be a lot more crazy with what i'm producing and to be more daring, and not to be afraid of the ugly.

- Shapes need to collide and merge more and create new shapes, and to flow into new scenes. Create new shapes and patters. A bit like a kaleidoscope.

My ideas from this tutorial are...

- vary my paper ( i have a lot of paper, and this can create some crazy variety)
- get crazy with shape making
- push my ambitions further, lead to some sort of conclusion with the images
- either loop the animations of have a lot of small clips, no longer than 30 seconds
- With my triangle animation - if they all come together and make other shapes and lead to other things
- follow the triangles when folding out - lead to another clip
- experiment with music - to adjust clips to the music

Came up with a few ideas for my piece in the exhibition, but i think i will leave talking about that for another day.

But conclusion for today is that i need to push myself and be more crazy with my shapes and ideas, and maybe just get messy and create some really tacky looking things, that express this crazy experimentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment