Tuesday 10 May 2011

Movement

I obviously need to have movement in my animation, if it is to go to music. I took a journey to London the other day (for a very amazing gig). In this journey, i happened to stare out the window for 2 hours listening to music. From this i found that movement basically 'swooshing' across a screen, or window is a really good thing for emphasizing music. Or things flying at you i think are pretty good too.

So, will try to do this is my next experiments.
Also, caught a glimpse of a rowntree advert. It involved a sort of swooshing tube coming towards the screen. I don't know if i dreamt it, but i remember it looking stop animation-ey and drawn in with collage clouds and trumpets. I think i completely made it up as i can't find it anywhere. But that thought does inspire me. And here is a video, that sort of is similar. It has the swooshing tubes, but not til right at the end.




And here is some movement testing to see what does work. I think making things bigger and smaller works best.





No comments:

Post a Comment