Tuesday 15 March 2011

Initial idea

My initial idea is to look at events.
I really like events. I have never organised a proper event in my life, but i do often have to organise people to get them to actually see each other, and a lot of the time the time it is usually a success. I really enjoy meeting new people and figuring out ways that i can work with people to produce something spectacular.

The last project introduced me to some wonderous things people are doing via the internet. Like getting people to get together as sort of like a big day out, just to have fun and/or to create something wonderful.

I like coming up with ideas. But i also like coming up with some visual ideas, and i don't think i could manage putting everything on, so events managing seems something crazy, i think.
I also like looking into the visuals that some events have, especially festivals. The crazy worlds they create and how you can be completely transported from all the installations and sculptures around you.
I know i'm not good at proper sculpture, but i have always had an interest in making things, and handmade creativity.
I often look at 3D and paper installation stuff as an influence. Ideally, i'd like to make 3D paper visuals, so this could be a perfect oppurtunity. I love how 3D is so interactive with the audience, something perfect for festivals. However, i love how 3D paper visuals are so cheap and DIY, but paper doesn't last long at an event... What do i do?

I think for now, i am going to go with paper 3D/DIY/cheap stuff/ possibly looking at the installation side of it. Seeing how others have made 3D visuals, and what visuals are put into large spaces.
And for now just looking at others and what they have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment